Parish Athletics COVID-19 Overview
Parish Athletics number one priority is to provide a safe
environment for kids to participate in our sports programs. We have decided to
put together these guidelines after recommendations from health officials and
medical professionals. Below we will lay
out all of our policies regarding changes to this season because of COVID. Please keep in mind that these policies are
subject to change at any time.
will be staff at practices and games to make sure the Covid-19 policies are
- This season we will be playing most, if not all
of our practices and games at St. Mary Magdalene Fields in Apex. The
opportunity may arise to start at St. Michael’s but as of now their field is
closed this spring.
- Teams will still be put together based on
practice location requests.
- The fields will be marked clearly with entry and
- Parents will be asked to maintain at least 6
feet of distance between their family and other families/households while
waiting for and watching their kids’ games. Families will be asked to stay at
their field for the entirety of the session.
- Fields will be placed an appropriately distanced
from each other to ensure that everyone has enough space to maintain a safe
- Practice and game times will be staggered to
avoid congregation on the field and near entry and exit points. You will be asked to stay off of the field
until your scheduled practice/game time.
- North Carolina law restricts the number of spectators and player based
on square footage of the fields. We will need everyone help in order to keep
the number of spectators to a minimum; further guidance will be provided before
the start of the season.
- Signs will be placed around the field as a
reminder of our mask policy below.
- In accordance with North Carolina law and health advice we will be
requiring that everyone
on site must wear a mask. Per the NC Department of Health and Human
Services, “Face coverings are also required
in public outdoor settings if individuals are unable to maintain six feet of
social distance with non-household members.”
- This applies to everyone (parents, family, and
players) once they arrive at the site.
- Anyone experiencing COVID symptoms are not
permitted on site. This includes coaches, players, and family members.
- If a player has had close contact with someone
who has COVID we will ask that you sit out for at least 5 days and a negative
test or 10 days without a negative test.
- Parents will be required to monitor their kids
health and symptoms prior to meeting for practices and games. Coaches will be asked to keep attendance
records for each practice and game as well.
- Parents will be required to disclose COVID
symptoms to Parish Athletics to allow for contact tracing and to prevent team
outbreaks. The players name will not be provided when we send out a notice to a
team or teams that the player practiced with or played in a game. Further guidance on how to report symptoms
will be provided once we have put a system in place.
list of symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New cough
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting